Thursday, December 22, 2005

a few more

You know, I tried to keep my list of holiday recommendations fairly short yesterday, so I didn't spend very long on it. And of course, while I was trying to think of books, they didn't really come to me, and now that I'm trying to work on other stuff, random books keep popping into my head.

So this is an addendum to my earlier list. Just a couple more books that I think are worth examining. Enjoy.

Skipped Parts
By Tim Sandlin
--It's hard to describe this book because Sandlin puts together such an absurd cast of characters and storylines. But he manages to make it crazy enough that it's believable.

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay
By Michael Chabon
--To be honest, it's been too long since I read this for me to write a two-line blurb on it, but I do remember that I really, really liked it. It's got some comic book stuff in it, too. And Nazis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home