Monday, November 28, 2005

anyone up for a game?

Competition.

Some of us thrive on it, and some of us shrink away from it. Some of us want nothing more than to play a friendly game of Monopoly, Backgammon, Basketball, etc. just for fun, while others want to dominate their friends and family with their superior skills and tireless drive to win.

I don't know about you, but I'm into domination. (And not that way, so get your mind out of the gutter.)

I like to play just about anything, and I like to win. Unfortunately, this trait doesn't seem to go over well with friends. In fact, my family stopped playing games of any sort with me ever since an unfortunate Risk incident and my friends are slowly following suit. But I'll keep trying. Sooner or later, they'll be worn down by my constant need to compete, and the game will be on!

Anyway, this somewhat pointless post about my competitive streak was brought on by my latest random obsession - Stratego. For those of you that don't remember this game from when they were kids, it's an old-school board game involving a battlefield, some soldiers, and a flag. Simple, yet brilliant. Target has re-released this game, along with some other sweet retro games, in slick looking Library Editions. They're pretty sweet, and they look damn good on my bookshelf.

You can check them out here.

Coming Soon - Risk vs. Stratego: Which is Sweeter?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home