Saturday, May 26, 2007

another point guard?

I know that there's been a lot of talk of making a trade to bring Mike Conley, Jr. to the Blazers along with Oden. (If we draft him, I mean)

But seriously, do we really need another point guard? I've heard that we're also interested in getting Steve Blake, or trying to trade up to get Milwaukee's number 6 pick. I just don't see why. Jack is only coming into his third year in the league, and he already looks pretty solid. I know he has his bad days, but he's still so young. And we've all seen flashes of what Sergio is capable of. I think they are both going to be excellent NBA players, they just need a little more time. I don't think Conley or anyone else we could get in the draft will be any better right off the bat.

And as for Blake, as much as I like the guy, do we really think Jack or Sergio won't be at least as good as he is in a year or two? I think they both are going to keep improving, and one (if not both) will be the right fit for the team we have now. Let's ignore all this talk about point guards and concentrate on the one position we really need to fill-- small forward.

Rashard Lewis, anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home